Picnic Pecan Pie Recipe
Among the selection of homemade desserts at our family reunion, slices of this timeless treat disappeared fast. It's delectable topped with ice cream or whipped cream. Each bite delivers classic goodness!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Add pecans and mix well.
- 2. Pour into pie shell. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 441 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC