Picnic Pecan Pie Recipe
Among the selection of homemade desserts at our family reunion, slices of this timeless treat disappeared fast. It's delectable topped with ice cream or whipped cream. Each bite delivers classic goodness!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Add pecans and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Pecan Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p37
Reviews for Picnic Pecan Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2011
This is a family favorite! They never want me to try another recipe. I get requests for the recipe all the time. And it's so easy!