Picnic Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated tricolor tortellini
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 12 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces hard salami, cubed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- Cook spiral pasta and tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the artichokes, broccoli, provolone cheese, salami, peppers, beans, olives, onion and garlic.
- Prepare salad dressing according to package directions; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Picnic Pasta Salad(15)
Sort By :
This recipe is good! I would make a few changes for my family though. I would change the cheese to Dubliner, it is extra sharp and has more flavor than the provolone. I would also blanch the broccoli for 2 or 3 minutes so you get the full nutritional value of it. The cell walls are too tough to break down when eaten raw unless you put it in a green smoothie. I would also use only 1 package of italian dressing and stir some mustard into it. 2 pkgs. is too much dressing and way too much sodium and the mustard gives it a bit of a bite. I would probably use a regular can of olives and slice them myself as we are fond of olives. Might add some queen stuffed green olives sliced too, again we love olives and the green ones have a nice bite to them. I add them to my spagetti sauce too. I never thought of adding salami to pasta salad, it is quite good. I usually use ham or italian canned tuna.
OMG this is so easy and so good - great for those summer picnics
I thought this pasta salad was very flavorful, there are so many components in this salad.
Perfect to bring to a potluck. It is always a hit. Makes a huge bowl.
I like this pasta salad for the different textures of the noodles. Into the recipe box this goes for future potluck salads.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Pasta >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Italian Pasta Salads >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Potluck Recipes >