Picnic Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 8 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium tart green apples, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Top with egg slices; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 30-32 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Picnic Macaroni Salad
"Makes a gigantic batch so it's great for potlucks. The only thing that I would change is to add just a tad more apple."
"I have taken this to the church potluck fundraiser and it is always gone. They even make sure I am bringing it."