This is the best-tasting macaroni salad ever! When I fix a batch, I serve myself a portion right away because if I wait until I get to the table, I know it will be all gone.—Judith Hunt, Goldsboro, North Carolina
Recommended: Top 10 Classic American Recipes
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 8 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium tart green apples, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture; toss to coat.
- Top with egg slices; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 30-32 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Macaroni Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p54
Reviews for Picnic Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2016
"Makes a gigantic batch so it's great for potlucks. The only thing that I would change is to add just a tad more apple."
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2011
"I have taken this to the church potluck fundraiser and it is always gone. They even make sure I am bringing it."