- 1 package chocolate or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Fold in chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into batter. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Picnic Cupcakes
"So easy, and so moist!"
"These cupcakes are incredible! I've made these for potlucks and gifts for friends several times, and they're always a winner. I must say my favorite so far is with Devil's Food cake Mix :P"
"easy and surprisingly good!"
"These are incredible! We put some chocolate frosting on some of them, but they were great without. I did put them in the fridge and my family enjoyed them cold as well."
"Do these need to be kept in a cooler? I am concerned about the cream cheese being left out in the heat."
"My family can't get enough of them! I have even used different cake mixes and they have all been great. My nephew always wants me to make a lot of them."