Picnic Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package chocolate or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Fold in chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into batter. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Picnic Cupcakes(41)
Sort By :
These are incredible! We put some chocolate frosting on some of them, but they were great without. I did put them in the fridge and my family enjoyed them cold as well.
Just made these for Valentine's Day using red velvet cake mix and white chocolate chips in the filling. Yummy
Do these need to be kept in a cooler? I am concerned about the cream cheese being left out in the heat.
My family can't get enough of them! I have even used different cake mixes and they have all been great. My nephew always wants me to make a lot of them.
So easy! Great for a hot day when you don't want to fuss with frosting. Used lemon cake mix. YUM! If you don't want the bottom to stick to the paper, use foil cups instead!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Filled Cupcake Recipes >