Picnic Cupcakes Recipe
These moist cupcakes don't need frosting, so they're perfect for a picnic or traveling. Kids and adults love them! —Florence Leinweber, Endicott, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package chocolate or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Fold in chips.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls into batter. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean. Yield: 24 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC