These moist cupcakes don't need frosting, so they're perfect for a picnic or traveling. Kids and adults love them! —Florence Leinweber, Endicott, Washington
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package chocolate or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth.
- Fold in chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into batter. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean.
- Yield: 24 servings.