Whether you're gathering for a picnic in the park or a get-together in the backyard, this pan-fried chicken is the perfect entree. It's moist inside, crispy outside...and goes from skillet to table in no time!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine
- bread crumbs and seasonings. Place egg in another shallow bowl, dip
- chicken in egg, then in the crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken in oil and butter over medium
- heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as