Picnic Chicken with Yogurt Dip Recipe
I made this well-seasoned chicken one evening for dinner and served it hot from the oven. While raiding the fridge the next day, I discovered how delicious it was cold and created the yogurt dip to go with it. —Ami Okasinski, Memphis, Tennessee
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs
- CREAMY LEEK DIP:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 envelope leek soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Divide butter between two 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- 2. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in prepared pans. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning once. Cool 30 minutes; refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. For dip, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, combine yogurt, soup mix and cheese; fold in whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with cold chicken. Yield: 24 servings (4 cups dip).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC