Picnic Chicken Pitas Recipe
A mustard-flavored dressing coats the colorful combination of chicken, broccoli, tomatoes and bacon in this tasty sandwich filling. "It's great for a picnic because you can prepare the filling ahread and assemble the pitas at the picnic site," assures Marla Brenneman of Goshen, Indiana.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, chicken, cheese and tomato. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt if desired and pepper; pour over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Spoon about 3/4 cup into each pita half; top with bacon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars, 0 fiber). Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Picnic Chicken Pitas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC