Picnic Beans with Dip Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green or wax beans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill until serving.
- 2. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with beans for dipping. Yield: 1-2/3 cups dip.
2 tablespoon: 85 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), trace protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 fat
Reviews for Picnic Beans with Dip
"Loved it! I made this as our appetizer for Mother's Day."
"This beans and dip combination is delicious! I wish I could get fresh wax beans, but so far I've made do with just the green ones."