- 1 pound fresh green or wax beans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill until serving.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with beans for dipping. Yield: 1-2/3 cups dip.
Originally published as Picnic Beans with Dip in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p25
Reviews for Picnic Beans with Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 10, 2010
"Loved it! I made this as our appetizer for Mother's Day."
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2010
"This beans and dip combination is delicious! I wish I could get fresh wax beans, but so far I've made do with just the green ones."