Picnic Bean Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima or butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, brown sugar and ketchup. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 177 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Picnic Bean Casserole
"Fast, easy and very good"
"This is a great recipe to use up all the different kind of beans in the pantry. Add a touch of hot pepper and it's all you need."
"A great simple bean recipe. My kids loved it and didn't even complain about the lima beans!!! Delicious!!! I only did 4 stars because I thought it could use a little zip. It's good enough that I'm willing to try again and add some things."
"I have been making these beans for years,only difference is I add 1 tsp of mustard. they are delicious and I have never found anyone that didn't like then"