Picnic Bean Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima or butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, brown sugar and ketchup. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Picnic Bean Casserole(6)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe to use up all the different kind of beans in the pantry. Add a touch of hot pepper and it's all you need.
I've always made traditional boston baked beans every 4th of July, but this was a nice colorful change of pace
A great simple bean recipe. My kids loved it and didn't even complain about the lima beans!!! Delicious!!! I only did 4 stars because I thought it could use a little zip. It's good enough that I'm willing to try again and add some things.
Another additive make this recipe a great meal. Add 1 # cooked & drained ground beef . Also for a change, sub 1 15 oz can of green beans drained for 1 can of pork & beans. Pot luck favorite!