I've been cooking for my family for 40 years and love to experiment with different recipes. You may want to add a can of kidney beans for variation.
Featured In: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices, tied in a cheesecloth bag
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, onion and basil; set aside. In a saucepan, bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pickling spices; cool to room temperature. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pickled Tomato Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p11
Reviews for Pickled Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review