Pickled Sweet Peppers Recipe
I'm nearing the age of 80 and still love to can my homegrown produce. I call this recipe "Summer in a Jar." The peppers have a nice combination of tart and spicy flavors.Edna Clemens, West Branch, Michigan
- 4 to 6 large sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 12 banana peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- Pack red and banana peppers into four hot 1-pint jars to within 1/2 in. of the top. Divide the onion, garlic and oil among jars.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 4 pints.
Originally published as Pickled Peppers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p110
Reviews for Pickled Sweet Peppers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review