- 5 large sweet red peppers
- 8 banana peppers (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- Cut red and banana peppers into strips, discarding seeds. Pack peppers into five hot 1-pint jars to within 1/2 in. of the top. Divide the onion, garlic and oil among jars.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil. Carefully ladle hot liquid over pepper mixture, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot liquid. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 15 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 5 pints.
Originally published as Pickled Peppers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p110
Reviews for Pickled Sweet Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2014
I have a problem with the yield in some of your recipes. 54 servings means nothing to me, but 5 pints do. Could you make the yield more understandable? Thank you. Until then I can only give a 1 star rating