Pickled Shrimp Recipe
I appreciate this appetizer’s ease of preparation, especially during the hectic holiday season. The recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + marinating YIELD:6 servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 bay leaves
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients; add the shrimp, onion and bay leaves. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade and bay leaves. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC