Thanks to Mary Innes or Auburn, Kansas, you can enjoy a taste of autumn for weeks at a time! With just a few basic ingredients, fresh pumpkin turns into a tasty topping for pork chops or poultry.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups cubed peeled pie pumpkin
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; cook and stir
- for 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin, vinegar and cloves. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until pumpkin is
- tender. Discard cloves. Store in an airtight container the
- refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 10 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free Food.