Pickled Poached Salmon
This flaky moist salmon is topped with a delightful homemade tartar sauce and chopped sweet peppers. "This entree goes well with rice pilaf, seasoned rice or scalloped potatoes," says Fred Richard Day of St. George, Utah (with wife Joyce, above). "Add a colorful vegetable, a green salad, rolls and dessert, and you have a gourmet meal for two."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill or sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon Catalina salad dressing
- Chopped sweet red and green pepper, optional
- In a large skillet, combine the water, pickle juice, salt and
- seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Add salmon; return to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, pickle juice and
- salad dressing. Serve over salmon. Garnish with red and green pepper
- if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and