Pickled Poached Salmon Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill or sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon Catalina salad dressing
- Chopped sweet red and green pepper, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the water, pickle juice, salt and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Add salmon; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, pickle juice and salad dressing. Serve over salmon. Garnish with red and green pepper if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 945 calories, 66g fat (12g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 2300mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 79g protein.
Reviews for Pickled Poached Salmon
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.