It's hard to resist these adorable deviled trees on our buffet table. The avocado filling has pepperoncini and cilantro for extra zip. —Carmell Childs, Ferron, Utah
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1 jar (16 ounces) garlic and dill pepperoncini
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. Mash yolks. Stir in 1 teaspoon minced garlic from the pepperoncini jar and 2 teaspoons pepperoncini juice. Add 3 tablespoons minced pepperoncini and the whole avocado; mash with a fork until smooth. Stir in 2 teaspoons cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a medium star tip. Transfer avocado mixture to bag. Pipe into egg whites, swirling it upward to resemble Christmas trees. Sprinkle trees with minced red pepper, chili powder and remaining cilantro.
- Cut open and seed one larger pepperoncini; slice into 12 small diamond shapes to top Christmas trees. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Pickled Pepperoncini Deviled Eggs in Taste of Home November 2016, p86
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Pickled Pepperoncini Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review