As a salad or appetizer, these tangy mushrooms are a welcome addition to any meal or party buffet table. It doesn't take long for a whole bowlful to be devoured. I love to cook with fresh mushrooms - a crop our state is well known for.
-Sandra Johnson, Tioga, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separatd into rings
- Finely diced sweet red pepper
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add
- mushrooms and onion; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or
- overnight. Sprinkle with red pepper before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 74 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.