Pickled Mushrooms with Garlic
I'm always asked to bring these tempting tidbits to holiday gatherings. Easy to make ahead and transport, they're something to celebrate on a festive relish tray.
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound small whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- In a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six
- ingredients. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cover and shake
- gently to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain before
- serving. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.