Pickled Mushrooms for a Crowd Recipe
- 3 pounds medium fresh mushrooms
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons bitters
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine mushrooms and water. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Drain; return mushrooms to pan.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over mushrooms; cool slightly.
- 3. Transfer mushroom mixture to glass jars with tight-fitting lids. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 days. Just before serving, discard bay leaf. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen (6 cups mixture).
1 pickled mushroom equals 7 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Pickled Mushrooms for a Crowd
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.