Pickled Mushrooms for a Crowd Recipe
Serve tangy pickled mushrooms alongside a steak, as an appetizer with picks, in a salad or as part of an antipasto platter. However you present them, you can’t go wrong!
- 3 pounds medium fresh mushrooms
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons bitters
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine mushrooms and water. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Drain; return mushrooms to pan.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over mushrooms; cool slightly.
- 3. Transfer mushroom mixture to glass jars with tight-fitting lids. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 days. Just before serving, discard bay leaf. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen (6 cups mixture).
1 pickled mushroom: 7 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Pickled Mushrooms for a Crowd
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC