Pickled Green Onions Recipe
Whether you grow your own green onions or get them from the farmers market, these pickled green onions provide a unique and tasty treat. They're a delicious alternative to ordinary pickles on a relish tray.
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 bunches green onions, trimmed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add onions; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Pickled Green Onions in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p234
Reviews for Pickled Green Onions(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Pickles & Relishes Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >