- 1-3/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons dill seed or 4 fresh dill heads
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup canning salt
- Pack beans into four hot 1-pint jars to within 1/2 in. of the top. Add cayenne, garlic and dill seed to jars.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, vinegar and salt to a boil.
- Carefully ladle hot liquid over beans, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 4 pints.
Reviews for Pickled Green Beans
Sort By :
"Really about the most disgusting I've ever tasted. Like a human delebritly tried to ruin beans and make you taste it with their recipe. I've had pickled beans before and enjoyed them.... this recipe deserves to go into a toxic waste dump. I wasted good food and ingredients."
"I made several batches after the first batch..They are soo good. I made two batches yesterday and increased the pepper flakes in one ( for me ) and left the pepper flakes out of the other( for my sister) Can.t wait to see how they turned out....Thanks for sharing this recipe..."
"We tried one batch just to see what they would taste like. They were awesome!! We also added some sugar to each jar and we've since made 16 more pints. Neighbors are asking for more!! I doubled the water/vinegar ratio and it makes enough for 8 pints."