- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese or non-dairy imitation cream cheese
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups flaked smoked salmon fillets
- Fresh dill sprig, optional
- Assorted crackers
- Place beans in a 13x9-in dish. Add dill seed and garlic. In a large saucepan, combine water, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until salt is dissolved. Pour hot brine over beans. Cool completely. Refrigerate, covered, 2 days.
- For dip, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Stir in parsley, chives, horseradish, lemon peel and juice, dill weed and salt. Stir in salmon. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, drain green beans; arrange on a platter. If desired, top dip with dill sprig. Serve dip with beans and crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds beans (2-1/3 cups dip).
Originally published as Pickled Green Beans with Smoked Salmon Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p19
Reviews for Pickled Green Beans with Smoked Salmon Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review