Pickled Eggs Recipe
This is a perfect recipe to use already prepared hard-boiled egg. They would be great for a brunch or springtime luncheon.—American Egg Board, Linda Braun, Park Ridge, Illinois
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons mixed pickling spices
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Place six eggs each in two 1-qt. jars with tight-fitting lids. Pour half of the hot vinegar mixture into each jar; cover with lids. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC