Pickled Eggs with Beets Recipe
Ever since I can remember, my Mother served pickled eggs at Easter. It was a tradition that my family expected. I made them for my granddaughter the last time she visited and they were all gone before she left. —Mary Banker, Fort Worth, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) whole beets
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1. Drain beets, reserving 1 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Place beets and eggs in a 2-qt. glass jar.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water, vinegar and reserved beet juice to a boil. Pour over beets and eggs; cool.
- 3. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC