- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced beets
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves, optional
- 8 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, shelled
- Drain beets, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup; place in saucepan. Add sugar, vinegar, cinnamon stick and cloves if desired; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Place eggs in a bowl; top with beets. Pour liquid over all. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Remove the cinnamon stick and cloves before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pickled Eggs and Beets(3)
Sort By :
Saved to my recipe box, printed and e-mailed to relatives and friends all over the United States!!
I hardly remember Grandma making these, and it all came back to me when I saw the recipe! I'll be making these real soon!
This is a wonderful dish to serve at Easter. Tastes just like my mother used to make!
Nancy Cripe, Delphi
These were a holiday treat at our house growing up. Oh how our eyes lit up when they came to the table. This recipe is just perfect! As the cook, I keep a gallon jar of them in the fridge at all times!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Quick Appetizers >
- Quick Finger Food Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >