Because y grandmother didn't measure anything when she cooked, I had to guess when I decided to duplicate her recipe for pickled eggs. The color becomes more intense the longer they marinate.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole beets, undrained
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 12 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 8 pickled hot cherry peppers
- 6 pearl onions
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drain beets, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Place in a large glass bowl;
- add the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 100 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.