"Years ago, we enjoyed chilled pickled carrots in a restaurant," recalls Pat Walter of Pine Island, Minnesota. "They were so good I hunted through my cookbooks until I found a similar recipe. It's a refreshing change from traditional picnic fare."
Featured In: 30 Timeless Family Recipes
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain
- Transfer to a serving dish. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over carrots; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pickled Carrot Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p52
Reviews for Pickled Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review