- 2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons mixed pickling spices
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large glass bowl, combine peppers and onion. Place pickling spices and celery seed on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, water and spice bag. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute. Transfer spice bag to pepper mixture. Pour vinegar mixture over top. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Discard spice bag. Refrigerate pickled peppers up to 1 month. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Pickled Bell Peppers
Sort By :
We have a family garden and grow lots of different kind of hot peppers. We used this recipe for the overabundance of peppers we had and it turned out wonderful.
Tried these but used jalapeno peppers instead. They were delicious. Let the peppers and onion boil for 2 minutes and put into a jar.
Reallllly good! Simple to make and a very tasty colorful side dish. Had it tonight with grilled skin on, bone-in chicken breasts and garden fresh yellow beans. Very nice!!Followed the recipe as written and will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing Heather.
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Pickles & Relishes Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >