Pickled Beet Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette Recipe
Here’s a festive, flavorful salad that comes together in a snap--perfect for time-crunched cooks. I love the contrasting tastes and textures of the beets, radishes, goat cheese and bacon.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled whole beets, drained and cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, toss spinach, beets, onion and radishes; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Add vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, pepper and salt to bacon drippings; bring to a boil. Drizzle warm dressing over spinach and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pickled Beet Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC