Pickled Beet Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette Recipe
Here’s a festive, flavorful salad that comes together in a snap--perfect for time-crunched cooks. I love the contrasting tastes and textures of the beets, radishes, goat cheese and bacon.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled whole beets, drained and cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, beets, onion and radishes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, pepper and salt to bacon drippings; bring to a boil. Drizzle warm dressing over spinach and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Pickled Beet Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Pickled Beet Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review