Pickled Baby Carrots
With mild herb flavor and crunchy texture, these baby carrots make a delightful addition to an appetizer tray or a casual meal. Plan ahead because they need to chill for several hours. —Audrey Cremer, Harmony, Minnesota
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in carrots.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, stirring several
- times. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 99 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.