- 9 quarts water, divided
- 16 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 quarts white vinegar
- 1 cup canning salt
- 1 tablespoon mixed pickling spices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a stockpot, bring 6 qts. of water to a boil. Cook asparagus in batches, uncovered, for 2-1/2 minutes. Remove and rinse in cold water.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the vinegar, salt, pickling spices, garlic and remaining water; bring to a boil. Pack asparagus in quart jars to within 1/2 in. of top.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot quart jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 8 quarts.
Originally published as Pickled Asparagus in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p9
Reviews for Pickled Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 1, 2013
"This is the first time that I have made pickled asparagus and it turned out great. The recipe was easy to follow and I will be trying this again next asparagus season."
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2011
"I MADE THIS EXACTLY HOW THE RECIPE CALLED FOR . GREAT TASTING !!!"