Pickle Pea Salad
Pickle relish adds unique flavor to Pickle Pea Salad from Kathryn Fleener of Louisville, Illinois. Cubes of cheddar cheese and hard-cooked eggs help dress up this hearty dish.
50-55 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 7 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peas, drained
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dill pickle relish
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (32 ounces) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Sliced hard-cooked eggs, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the
- mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and salt; mix well. Pour over pea
- mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Garnish with egg slices if
- desired. Yield: 50-55 servings (about 1/2 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 215 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.