Pickle Pea Salad Recipe
Pickle relish adds unique flavor to Pickle Pea Salad from Kathryn Fleener of Louisville, Illinois. Cubes of cheddar cheese and hard-cooked eggs help dress up this hearty dish.
- 7 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peas, drained
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dill pickle relish
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (32 ounces) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Sliced hard-cooked eggs, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and salt; mix well. Pour over pea mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Garnish with egg slices if desired. Yield: 50-55 servings (about 1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Pickle Pea Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p50
Reviews for Pickle Pea Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review