Pickle Asparagus Salad
Asparagus is our favorite vegetable, so when it's in season, I try every possible way to prepare it. This attractive salad appears on our table often. Pickle juice gives the dressing a distinctive flavor.
-Peggy Davies, Canon City, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, sliced
- Place the asparagus and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and
- rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl. Combine the pickle, oil, lemon
- juice, pickle juice, chives, salt and pepper; pour over asparagus
- and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve the asparagus on lettuce-lined plates.
- Top with tomato and egg slices; drizzle with some of the dressing.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium,