Picante Potato Pie Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, picante sauce, onions and salt. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 238 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.