Picante Potato Pie
This bacon-topped pie is a tasty and convenient addition to a brunch menu. "It's great to serve overnight guests because you prepare it the night before and bake it in the morning," explains Janet Hill of Sacramento, California.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, picante sauce,
- onions and salt. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at
- 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 238 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.