This bacon-topped pie is a tasty and convenient addition to a brunch menu. "It's great to serve overnight guests because you prepare it the night before and bake it in the morning," explains Janet Hill of Sacramento, California.
- 5 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, picante sauce, onions and salt. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Picante Potato Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p12
Reviews for Picante Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review