Picante Potato Pie Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, picante sauce, onions and salt. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Picante Potato Pie
Sort By :
Took notice to this because of it having picante sauce, and zucchini. Saving for future use....of course not too far into future.
I love this recipe - wonderful
Very good. I used sliced roma tomatoes instead of bacon as a topping, and it turned out well. Microwaving leftovers loses the "egginess", but still tastes good.