- 5 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, picante sauce, onions and salt. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Picante Potato Pie
"Took notice to this because of it having picante sauce, and zucchini. Saving for future use....of course not too far into future."
"I love this recipe - wonderful"
"Very good. I used sliced roma tomatoes instead of bacon as a topping, and it turned out well. Microwaving leftovers loses the "egginess", but still tastes good."