Picante Pork Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup picante sauce or additional salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pork and taco seasoning. Seal and shake to coat. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the onion, green pepper and celery; stir-fry until vegetables are tender. Add the salsa, picante sauce, water chestnuts and preserves. Cook until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 335 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1010mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Picante Pork Skillet
"This is very similar to a recipe I have been making for years with chicken breasts. It is just as good with pork. I used country style chops, salsa and apricot preserves to make the recipe for supper today. Loved it this way as well."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.