Picante Pork Skillet
"I found this recipe around 10 years ago and added the picante sauce, vegetables and crunchy water chestnuts," says Margaret Morton of Eau Claire, Michigan. "I've used apricot preserves or orange marmalade in place of the peach preserves," she adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup picante sauce or additional salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pork and taco
- seasoning. Seal and shake to coat. In a large skillet or wok,
- stir-fry pork in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, green pepper and celery; stir-fry until vegetables are
- tender. Add the salsa, picante sauce, water chestnuts and
- preserves. Cook until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with pork tenderloin and 16 ounces salsa; calculated without picante sauce and rice) equals 335 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,010 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber,