Picante Pork Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup picante sauce or additional salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pork and taco seasoning. Seal and shake to coat. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the onion, green pepper and celery; stir-fry until vegetables are tender. Add the salsa, picante sauce, water chestnuts and preserves. Cook until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (prepared with pork tenderloin and 16 ounces salsa; calculated without picante sauce and rice) equals 335 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,010 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.