- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup picante sauce or additional salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pork and taco seasoning. Seal and shake to coat. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, green pepper and celery; stir-fry until vegetables are tender. Add the salsa, picante sauce, water chestnuts and preserves. Cook until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Picante Pork Skillet in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p34
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Picante Pork Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review