Picante Omelet Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Tomato slices and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. Pour the picante sauce into a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cheeses; set aside. In a blender, combine eggs and sour cream; cover and process until smooth. Pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomato and cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 298 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 276 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 16 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.