Picante Egg Rolls Recipe
Living near the Mexican border, we've developed a love of spicy cuisine. I came up with this recipe by mixing and matching different foods.—Marilyn Long, Spring Valley, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, picante sauce, chili seasoning and garlic powder.
- 2. Place 1/4 cupful in the center of an egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with egg rolls. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC