- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, picante sauce, chili seasoning and garlic powder.
- Place 1/4 cupful in the center of an egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with egg rolls. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Picante Egg Rolls
Sort By :
"these were good, kids enjoyed them as well next time i'm gonna try them in the deep fryer!"
"Definitely going to try these baked. For those that wonder about baking, Hungry Girl uses egg roll wrappers for all sorts of rolls. For instance her Apple Cherry pie pockets. Those bake for 15-18 minutes. Don't see why it shouldn't work for this recipe"
"Have been making this type of eggrolls for years - using taco seasoning instead of chili."
"I know this would be wonderful as written but to 2Retreivers that wonders about baking them so as not to have the deepfat method. I plan to make this recipe as a quesadilla using tortilla shells in my quesadilla grill. I think it will be great."
"Picante sauce is next to the salsa and is chunkier. It comes in mild, medium & hot. Recipe was great, wouldn't change a thing, ;)"