- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, picante sauce, chili seasoning and garlic powder.
- Place 1/4 cupful in the center of an egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with egg rolls. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Reviews forPicante Egg Rolls
"these were good, kids enjoyed them as well next time i'm gonna try them in the deep fryer!"
"Have been making this type of eggrolls for years - using taco seasoning instead of chili."
"I know this would be wonderful as written but to 2Retreivers that wonders about baking them so as not to have the deepfat method. I plan to make this recipe as a quesadilla using tortilla shells in my quesadilla grill. I think it will be great."
"Picante sauce is next to the salsa and is chunkier. It comes in mild, medium & hot. Recipe was great, wouldn't change a thing, ;)"
"I would like to know also if you can bake these for a lighter version? Can someone help?"
"Cwipf... FYI Picante sauce is like salsa. You can find it in your grocery store. Ever heard of Pace Picante Sauce? Look by the taco area where the jars of salsa & cheese are. Some will say picante sauce."
"I'd like to try this recipe but what is picante sauce and where can I find it."
"Sound great, but I would like to know if can bake them instead of frying"
"Great idea, I pass this recipe to all my new Tupperware Hostess..They love it...Thanks it a hit.."