Picante Cranberry Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ketchup, parsley, soy sauce, onion, garlic powder and pepper. Add cracker crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. In a skillet, brown meatballs over medium heat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, picante sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted and mixture is heated through. Pour over meatballs.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 363 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,043 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.