I came up with this recipe after eating a similar dish in a Mexican restaurant. My family enjoys this chicken's slightly spicy flavor...I like its ease of preparation.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, saute chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or
- until juices run clear. Add onion, celery and pepper; saute until
- crisp-tender. Add picante sauce, lemon-pepper and salt if desired;
- simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared without added salt and served without rice) equals 3 lean meat, 2 vegetables; also, 229 calories, 929 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 28 gm protein, 7 gm fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.