I came up with this recipe after eating a similar dish in a Mexican restaurant. My family enjoys this chicken's slightly spicy flavor...I like its ease of preparation.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, saute chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear. Add onion, celery and pepper; saute until crisp-tender. Add picante sauce, lemon-pepper and salt if desired; simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Picante Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Picante Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review